Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Reflections

Today I learnt something new, something which trigger my memory of the past. I'm not emotional, just feel like getting all my thoughts down. Starting from today, self-reflection would be essential for me before I hit the sheets every night.


We always make choices in our life. And no matter what,we always would think it as a choice that will bring the best for us. Just like how I chose to study instead of just bumming around with an O level cert which I know will not get me anywhere far. I presume or rather I'm very sure my choice was right, if I put in the effort to go far in my studies, I'd make it one day. Till now, where I'm just left with one semester before I graduate, I've never felt it was a wrong choice. From the day that we were brought into the world, we're taught on how to choose. When I'm just young kids, my parents would ask us to make a choice outta of the 2toys, in which I can only get to buy 1. I always ended up choosing the one we would feel best comfortable and have the best liking for. I realise that all along, my parents will never the ones who make the choice for me, forcing me into taking things that I do not wish/like to take. Instead I'm given the freedom to choose what I like best.


Now, I totally and thoroughly understand what's the real definition of "forced". Not that I don't understand it all along, probably I should say I've never felt what it is like physically. I do have moments where I would say "forced" to do certain things but looking back,it was something I had to obliged to and not being "forced". The feeling of being "forced' isn't anything good. Not only will you feel uncomfortable but it is just not something you want. Years back, I made a grave mistake which took me to realise only years later. "Forced" already shows to forgo the feelings of one. When I was on the bus ride home, I realise everyone have the right to choose and we should always respect and listen. Even if, I wasn't the one being chosen, it doesn't imply anything bad still. Because we're humans and we differ, thats why we made different choices. Thus, we should always learn to respect each other's choices. It does bring good for a relationship, kinship or friendship(:


From now, I'd learn to listen more. Listening is a respect. I learnt this saying years back when I was still in secondary school. And now I found it pretty useful in my life. At this point of my life, I decided to make a turn. To turn my attitude towards everything in life to be totally different from the past. I'd learnt to love and cherish people around me more, for instance my mother. I had a thinking the other day, what if one day my mom is gone, I will never be able to have another mom totally the same as her. I'd probably yearn to be her daughter once again. This makes me realise that my life is filled with beautiful people like my mother. She is always the most beautiful woman in my eyes and I love her.


And what's life without friends as well? I just have a grp of really loving people around me. We care and share for each other. We listen and respect. We shower love and concern for one another. And we give each other support. This is something I'd call a friendship. I thank god for letting me met this wonderful people.


I believe this is a turn in my attitude towards life. Hopefully one day I'd earn enough money to be able to travel round the world with a camera in hand, taking down the beautiful moments in different parts of the world(: Goodnights!

No comments: